Translate

Sunday

March 9


During this season of Lent, I want to become closer to God.  I know that looking at my prayer life is a good place to begin.  At times there are days when I wake up and rush through my morning, and nothing seems to go right.  When I finally take the time to think about the way my day is going, I realize that I did not take time to pray. I began my morning thinking only about the schedule that I had planned.  When I focus on God at the beginning of my day, I can feel His presence with me throughout the day.  

I know prayer should be a two-way communication, but sometimes I tend to do all the talking.  It can be difficult to be still and just listen.  Repeating the verse, “Be still and know that I am God” Psalm 46:10 helps me slow down and listen.

It is possible to be in prayer throughout the day also.  If we ask God to guide us when we are making decisions throughout the day, we will make better decisions.  Prayer helps me to focus on God. Placing prayer at the top of my schedule each day will help me deepen my commitment to God.  I know I can only grow closer to God, if I spend time with Him.

The Lord says “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.” Psalm 32:8


No comments: