Translate

Sunday

March 29



Come…

Matthew 28:11 (New Living Translation)
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.”

My father was devoted in his prayer life. As a little girl, I remember looking through the crack in his bedroom door and could see my father kneeling by his bed, hands folded in prayer.  The vision of my father praying to God each night remains with me always. God wants you to come to him with your prayer needs. I have found myself benefiting from the practice of kneeling to God in prayer. The desire to kneel is not just needed at bedtime. I find myself kneeling in prayer before leaving for work, in anticipation of news or a decision, before traveling on a trip, before a special event or celebration, and many other times.  Kneeling with folded hands and sharing your prayers demonstrates your respect and honor for God.

Come. Kneel before God. Fold your hands. Look upward. Share your heart and mind. Feel the presence of God. Maybe others will be watching.




No comments: