Translate

Thursday

July 9



While traveling in my car over the Fourth of July weekend, I was listening to a radio station that was honoring our men and women in the Armed Services. The station was broadcasting a number of interviews with those who had so bravely fought for our country. I was very interested in hearing them speak of their experiences because I admire these men and women  tremendously. Many of the people interviewed had been in combat and had survived serious injuries. They talked about the fear they had experienced during combat and also when they returned home. For some, their injuries had changed their lives.  I noticed that many talked about praying and asking family and friends to pray for them. They talked about how prayers had helped them when they were afraid or discouraged. It had given them strength to persevere when they were afraid.

We all experience fear at times in our lives, although usually not to the extent that these men and women in combat experience it. We can avoid letting our fears consume our thoughts by replacing those thoughts of fear with prayers and scripture.

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 
Isaiah 41:10


No comments: