Translate

Friday

January 3



RUN!

"So then let's also run the race that is laid out in front of us, since we have such a great cloud of witnesses surrounding us.  Let's throw off any extra baggage, get rid of the sin that trips us up, and fix our eyes on Jesus, faith's pioneer and perfecter.  He endured the cross, ignoring the shame, for the sake of the joy that was laid out in  front of him, and sat down at the right side of God's throne.  Think about the one who endured such oppositions from sinners so that you won't be discouraged and you won't give up."
Hebrews 12:1, CEB

O mighty God, you are the source of all my strength.  You lift me up when I fall and hold my hand when I am afraid.  Help me to persevere in the work which you have given me.  Help me not to become discouraged, but to trust in your will being worked out in my life.  Help me to trust in you when I see hurt and pain and loss.  Help me to do that which is given me, while I leave all the rest in your hands.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: