Translate

Sunday

January 9


As the new year of 2016 begins, I think about how I can work on becoming the person God wants me to be. I am learning to disregard the misguided views of our society. It is a challenge with all the media sources which constantly inundate us with information that puts a spotlight on self-indulgence and materialism. The media love to highlight outrageous behavior on their reality shows, so much that people are no longer shocked by it as they once would have been. I know that I must filter what influences me and search for positive influences. My church life is an important influence in my life. My activities at church, worship, fellowship with others, Bible study, and service activities all help shape the person I am becoming and influence the decisions I make. Asking God to guide us each day will help us become the person He wants us to be.

No comments: