Translate

Saturday

January 23



Dear Father,
     In this busy, hurry up world of ours, thank you for sending me opportunities to sit with you for a while.
     On a snowy day, waiting in the car, alone at the table after breakfast, wherever I am. You will meet me there. I just need to invite you to join me.
     Help me to take the moment to sit, take a deep breath, and focus my mind on all the blessings you have given to me. Help me to soak in your word, to open my heart for learning about you, and to be grateful even in the middle of difficult things and hard times.
     Help me to celebrate you in all things. And to remember to sit for a while, and invite you to sit with me, too.
Amen.

The apostles returned to Jesus and told him everything they had done and taught. Many people were coming and going, so there was no time to eat. He said to the apostles, “Come by yourselves to a secluded place and rest for a while.” Mark 6:30-31. CEB.


Come to me all who are struggling hard and carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. Put on my yoke, and learn from me. I’m gentle and humble. And you will find rest for yourselves. My yoke is easy to bear, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30. CEB


No comments: