Translate

Wednesday

January 27


As I write, the Baltimore area braces for a major snow event and weather channels have listed emergency items needed to ‘weather’ the storm. Items include snow shovels, salt, extra food, batteries, flashlights, generators, medicines, diapers, filled gas tanks, etc… Citizens are quick to respond and gather from the list.
When we are faced with a situation that requires us to be on guard and quick to respond, do we get started with the list immediately, or do we seek a time of prayer to ask God for his presence? Remember the words of Psalm 91, verses 1-2.

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”
Psalm 91New International Version (NIV)

Before you pick up the snow shovel or run to the store, go to the LORD in prayer.

God, we ask for safety and protection during the pending storm. We ask for safety for those who clear roads and provide emergency services. Protect our elderly and those with special needs to ensure their comfort and needs. Please ensure the safety of our emergency crew who work to keep power available to households and businesses.
Heavenly Father, remind us YOU are our refuge in any storm and offer the ultimate protection.


Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. ...


No comments: