Translate

Monday

January 25


Truly believing in a higher power is one of the most difficult things to be done. I find this is because it is human nature to have a shadow of doubt clouding the way we should be seeing the word of God. I always am wishing I could go back and witness Jesus preaching the word of God, maybe then when I see him, I can fully embrace his love for me.

But then I think, there is no way to possibly overcome doubt, because his own disciples who left everything behind to walk with Jesus, remained doubtful. After Jesus had risen from the dead just as he said he would, Thomas said to his disciples, ““Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands, and put my finger in the mark of the nails and my hand in his side, I will not believe.”


                A week later, his disciples were again in the house, and Thomas with them. Although the doors were shut, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it in my side. Do not doubt but believe.” Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe.””(John 20:25-29). 



No comments: