Translate

Friday

September 11


I confess that I forget sometimes, in the midst of life's busy-ness, that today is 9-11 with a history of violence and death and heroism. My grandmother never forgot "holidays" that I forgot, like flag day, the actual days of presidents' birthdays and the "real" Memorial Day, and D-Day.  When I was a teen, I even thought she was being a bit silly to care.  I feel bad that I can get so caught up in the little stuff of life that I can lose sight of events that are significantly meaningful for so many.

Merciful Lord, you are wise and good.  Please help me to remember that people are more important than stuff and my agenda.  Help me to be open to what is important to the people around me, even if what is important to them is not important to me.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: