Translate

Wednesday

March 11


How Will I Fill in the Blank?
Yes!
I have conquered my to-do list. I have scheduled, planned, organized, and worked until every item is checked off.  What a feeling of freedom and victory. Now I have time to _____________ .
How will I choose to fill in that blank?

God has made – and saved -- each of us – for a purpose. He has equipped us with all the gifts we will ever need to be who He needs us to be in this world. The work has already been done. The lists have been checked off. Every blessing has been given to us. To you.

Double yes!

But, wait. There is one more thing – and it’s a big one. God asks us to make the choice to be obedient and live the life He made us to live. We all live at the mercy of our choices, and there is no power in our belief in God unless we have the power to walk away from Him. To fill our time – His time -- with lists to be checked off.  It’s our choice. Your choice.
How will you spend your time today? How will you choose to fill in the blank?


In light of all this, here’s what I want you to do. While I’m locked up here, a prisoner for the Master, I want you to get out there and walk – better yet, run! – on the road God called you to travel.  I don’t want anyone strolling off, down some path that goes nowhere. And mark that you do this with humility and discipline – not in fits and starts, but steadily, pouring yourselves out for each other in acts of love, alert at noticing differences and quick to mend fences.  (Ephesians 4:1-3 The Message).



No comments: