Translate

Monday

September 21





I used to fight sleep.  Even as an infant, I preferred to see what was happening around me and I fought going to sleep.  When I had my own children, I discovered the benefits of napping!  I used to wonder why God created us with a need for sleep. What a waste of time, I would think.  Surely, God could have created another way for us to get the same benefits we get from sleep.  Well, I'm sure that God could have created an alternative to sleep, but now I appreciate those hours away- completely away from all the world presses upon me.  Yet another lesson which God has chosen to teach me through children!

Precious Lord, you are so wise and so loving.  Thank you for creating us with the need for sleep.  Thank you for the joy of holding a sleeping baby and watching a child sleep.  Thank you for the dark and quiet hours of renewal.  In Jesus' name, Amen.


No comments: