Translate

Sunday

January 5


"Remember me, O my God, for good."  Nehemiah 13: 30

Today, I am asking you to pray with me and for me.  I struggle with the words, "I can't."  And I realize I am starting another year with the words, "I can't."  Am I being stubborn?  Am I being resistant?  Am I seeking to blame someone else or something else?  My heart, mind, and soul want to move forward, but I find my body is tagging along behind.  I wonder if my words "I can't" are really God telling me to slow down, breathe, stop gritting your teeth -- you're causing yourself to self-destruct.  Does "I can't" mean I feel like the door has closed and I need to look for the open window?  Does God have a plan for me that I cannot see through my negative words?

Lord, help me to be positive, to open my eyes, to see you in the faces of your children, and in the wonders of this earth.  Lord, guide me, give me confidence, grant me rest, and heal me.


No comments: