Translate

Wednesday

January 29



Hope

This is a difficult time of year for some of us; cold and darkness can cause us to feel lethargic and even sad.  I would love to have cold and snow for Christmas, then immediately enter Spring.  Good thing that God is in charge and not me!  I understand that the rhythms of nature require seasons of cold and warmth.  I even understand that the rejoicing that I feel when I see the crocuses growing is deeper and fuller because I waited in the cold.  But- it is hard now to endure the darkness.  I turn to God for hope and the faith that Spring and warmth and light will come again.


Lord God, who spoke light and life into the darkness, help me to cling to your promises in this dark time.  Help me to rest with confidence in the knowledge that you are the source of light and life in my life, day by day.  In the name of the Light of the World, Jesus Christ.  Amen.


No comments: