Translate

Monday

January 13


Blessings and Thankfulness
Ezekiel 34: 25-27
“I the Lord have spoken,  ‘…I will send down showers in season, there will be showers of blessings.’”

Colossians 1:12
“Joyfully give thanks to the Father who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.”

            There is a teapot in my dining room that was a gift to my mother from my father.  It has a prayer of blessing on one side and a prayer of thanksgiving on the opposite side.  As a family, we prayed the blessing before each meal and the thanksgiving at the end of each meal.  I have continued to say the blessing, but have not always remembered to say my thanks at the end of my meals.  We can always trust that we have God’s blessing.  Can He be as sure of our saying, “thank you, Lord”?


Gracious Lord, all too often, we fail to say our thanks to You for all the daily and life-long blessings you shower upon us.  Lead us in the many ways You would have us show how thankful we are.  Put the words of thanks on our lips and in our hearts.  Keep us open to the opportunities to share Your blessings with others – Your love, Your joy, Your comfort, and most of all Your forgiveness.  Thank be to God.  Amen.


No comments: