Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8
Everything on earth has its own time and its own season.
• There is a time for birth and death, planting and reaping,
• for killing and healing, destroying and building,
• for crying and laughing, weeping and dancing,
• for throwing stones and gathering stones, embracing and parting.
• There is a time for finding and losing, keeping and giving, for tearing and sewing, listening and speaking.
• There is also a time for love and hate, for war and peace.
Let us embrace the season of Fall with it's many visual changes from the luscious color of the changing leaves on the trees, the harvest of those final crops in the fields, and the acorns falling from the trees. These are all reminders of God's provisions for the seasons ahead. May we prepare ourselves for this and each season knowing that God is in charge of our lives and provides for us.
We thank you for the seasons knowing you provide for us, and that there is a time for everything. We know you are part of this change and transformation. God of life, help us to believe and trust in you as you guide our daily lives.