Translate

Saturday

April 5


Happy Easter!

Oh my goodness, it's really here!  I know I should be focusing on Jesus this Holy Week and on His pressures, tortures, death, burial, and now resurrection.  But it seems that what is most consuming me - well, is my lists - my grocery list, my gift list, my cleaning list, my daily list of what to get done.  I ran out Holy Thursday afternoon to the grocery store, hoping to get my food for this weekend ahead of the crowds.  I mumbled to myself that this was a check-mark and the woman behind me in the check-out line said she was working from her lists and this was also a check-mark for her.  I finished just in time to get to church for the evening communion service.  I worried on Good Friday if UPS was going to get my delivery from Amazon to me before the end of the day, I had to have it for the weekend.  What is happening?  How did I, and the woman behind me in the grocery store check-out line, and maybe you, get so caught up in our LISTS!

Jesus, forgive me.  Help me get my head out of my lists, for longer than a moment, so that I can recognize you, celebrate you, thank you, accept your forgiveness and your gifts, and rejoice on this amazing day for Christians - EASTER! 


No comments: