Translate

Thursday

April 23


Do You Have Room for Jesus?

As I hurriedly drove around town yesterday, I was not exactly my best self. In the midst of being impatient with drivers daring to go the speed limit, honking my car horn at those who offended my sensibilities, and saying words that I would never want anyone hear me say, it occurred to me.

What if Jesus were sitting in the car with me?

I may not be certain of much in this life. But one thing I know for sure is that I would be more patient and less reactive, and have a much better vocabulary if Jesus were in my car. Surely my heart would be so filled with His presence that there would be no room for daily annoyances.

I wondered. What do I need to clear out of my life's car so there is room for Jesus to sit beside me and navigate me through each day?

What must I let go so there is room to be filled with Him?


Because as high as heaven is above the earth, that's how large God's faithful love is for those who honor Him.  Psalm 103:11 (The Common English Bible).



No comments: