Translate

Thursday

April 15



I was sitting in my car and reading over some material as I waited.  It was pretty warm and I lowered my window to feel the sun and the breeze; amazing weather.  The gentleman in the vehicle next to me was obviously also getting some work done and had also lowered his window.  He was on speaker with his phone so that I could hear both sides of his conversation.  That conversation was both loud and "colorful".  They were upset with someone with whom they worked and were expressing themselves with the sort of language that one finds in some R rated movies.  I was vastly relieved when he pulled out of the parking lot and I could once again lower my window to feel the sun and the breeze.

How often do we do something similar?  I wouldn't use that language, but I might do or say something in the grocery store or the bank that doesn't reflect my place as a child of God.  How often do I model the love, joy, peace, and self-control which would tell others that I am a follower of Christ?

Gracious Savior, please save me from myself- from my impatience and temper and judgmentalism.  Please help me to forget myself and the sense I can have that what I want is most important.  Please help me to be a model of your love.  Amen.

No comments: