Translate

Tuesday

April 5



I know Holy Week is behind us and we are supposed to be focusing on the Risen Christ, spring flowers, warmer weather, you know, happy things.  

I took this picture of the cross at our evening Good Friday service with my phone.  The cross was laying flat on a table and everyone at the service took a candle, lit it, and placed it on the cross.  Wow.  Thoughtful reflections were spoken by those surrounding the cross, both audibly as well as not.  Then we sung, "Were you there?"

Today, when I look at this picture I am reminded of Jesus' suffering for us and then think about those who are being killed around the world because they are Christian.  Because they choose love.

Dear Lord, wasn't your sacrifice enough? You must cry, too, when someone else is tortured or killed because of you.



No comments: