Translate

Thursday

October 9


In this day of new and better and always changing, we can lose sight of the value of what is "tried and true".  I was sitting and waiting yesterday and happened to glance at a magazine which had an article about new and improved grilled cheese sandwiches. What is wrong with the old and delicious grilled cheese sandwiches?  I wouldn't eat them every day, but once in a while, I enjoy a gooey, buttery sandwich.

Lord, you are the same yesterday, today, and forever, yet you are always creating and re-creating. Help me to appreciate the goodness of the world and people around me.  Help me to be open to what is new and different.  Guide me to be led by you and not to be lured into complacency in the safe and familiar or into dissatisfaction with anything not new.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: