Translate

Tuesday

October 21


Our dog is a sweet little thing and mostly a well mannered dog.  Still, he is a dog, and does doggie stuff like trying to eat disgusting whatever from the front yard or stealing part of a slice of cake we accidentally left at his level.  He reminds me of my children when they were toddlers: spurts of energy followed by naps and plenty of exploring to see what interesting things they could find.  My children grew up and left toddlerhood, but our dog will not.  As he ages, he will probably slow down and nap more, but he will never grow in wisdom.

In my faith journey, I hope and pray that I will not be like my dog: never growing up.  I pray that I will continue to grow in understanding and love.  May God grant me all that is necessary for growing into the person God created me to be, a mature disciple of Christ.

Glorious and merciful Holy Spirit, please work within me that I may become who you would have me be so that I do what you would have me do.  Amen.

No comments: