Translate

Sunday

July 5


VACATION

It took me a couple of weeks to get ready to go away with my family.  I say a couple of weeks, but in reality, the planning started almost a year ago.  Then a month before we go I am looking through my clothes - what still fits, what do I need to update?  We check our "gear" to make sure there are no leaks in the boats and that the crab pots are tight.  We will need to take sheets, towels, soap, toilet paper, paper towels, Old Bay Seasoning, and food and drink for the children as well as the adults, and of course toys.  The extended family comes from New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Maryland, all heading to the Delaware beach and bay.  It's exciting.  We re-connect, even before we gather, asking who's bringing the hair dryers, and what size sheets do we need, and who's bringing their bicycles, boats, and fishing gear?

The week came.  It was beautiful.  The family played games, played in the ocean waves, ate good food, especially the crabs and mussels we caught, taught the children about the wildlife in the bay marsh and in the ocean, and watched the sunsets - together.

When our time at the beach was over, each leaving at different times, we cried.  We had to get back to our lives, anxious to see each other again in 51 weeks!

Dear Lord, thank you.  Thank you for giving me the blessing of family and for the opportunity to experience your beautiful, fascinating creations.  I will continue to try to be a good steward of your creations, and share the bounty.

No comments: