Translate

Thursday

February 25



Jesus talks about what would later be known as “The New Commandment”: “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another...as I have loved you… By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”(John 13: 33-35). This is the most important thing Jesus says; he repeats himself in John 15: 12-13: “This is my commandment that you love one another, as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” This second verse serves not only commandment as to how we should live our own lives, but also as testimony to how much he loves us, that he would lay down his life for us.

We show our love for others by being friendly people to those we have never met, by giving our time to others without expecting pay or reward.


And the world will know we are Christians for our love.


No comments: