Translate

Tuesday

October 7




I find prayer beads useful in my prayer life.  They help me to focus as I pray, lessening distractions as I concentrate on the prayer for each bead.  Sometimes, I simply hold the entire set in my hand as I pray.  I am reminded of prayers I have prayed previously using the beads.  For others, the beads may be a distraction, leading their minds from Christ to the beads themselves.  Our conversation with God is most important, not the specific way to hold that conversation.

Gracious and Holy Lord, help me to concentrate on you and your will for my life.  Help me to know what you would have me be and do in this moment.  May your Spirit open my heart to love you more and to love those whom you place in my life.  In the name of Christ, my Lord, Amen.

No comments: