Translate

Sunday

November 11

1st Kings 19: 9-12

     As we read this passage of scripture, there are two things we might find helpful as we pray.  First, Elijah is asked not once but twice, "What are you doing here?"  Then, it is only in the still, small voice that Elijah is able to hear the Word of the Lord.  Elijah needed to listen and then do.  We need to listen in our prayers as well so that we too can do the Lord's will.
 
     Dear Heavenly Father, I come prepared to listen to you this day.  it is what I am doing here.  I want Your voice, your guidance in all my doings.  Help me to hear in my heart the needs around me.  Perhaps it is as simple as a family member or friend needing to hear, "I'm sorry," or "I love you."  Perhaps it is the opportunity to share some of my many blessings with those in need.  Perhaps I need to hear that still small voice telling me I am forgiven.  Lord, I find telling You my needs so much easier than quietly listening for what You have in mind for me.  I fervently pray this day that You will open my ears and my heart to Your will.  I am listening. . . .

     Amen.

No comments: