Translate

Friday

July 17


Some people are amazing.  The depth of their knowledge or the clarity of their insight can be awesome.  I am humbled by the prayers that are offered on this site, by the conversations I am privileged to have with these kind of people in my life, by the books I have read.  I can feel as though I am missing out on a good bit of life, moving through my day without these perceptions of the world around me.  When I read the Bible I can learn about these kind of people, but I can also read about people who are more like me: quite ordinary.  They are part of the story of God and God's people because they were willing to follow God as best they could.  The power and the wisdom they showed came from God's Spirit.

Holy Lord, I thank you for the people in my life who teach me how to be better than I am.  I thank you for your Spirit living in me and stretching my abilities and knowledge.  Please grant me wisdom and compassion so that I may be the awesome person you created me to be.  In Jesus' name, Amen.


No comments: