Translate

Thursday

August 3



     My thirty-two year old son was diagnosed with a rare sarcoma in May. Our family immediately asked our friends to pray for my son. Social media, especially Facebook, was very helpful in reaching hundreds of people. Some of my son's family and friends texted him to tell him they were praying for him during his chemotherapy infusions which lifted his spirits. Many of our family and friends placed our son on their prayer lists at their churches. My son was amazed by the number of people praying for him. The power of prayer is amazing! He told me that the prayers made a difference. His attitude became more positive, and he became less fearful. His doctor was amazed at how well he did with his first round of chemotherapy. He continues to be positive as he starts his fourth round of chemotherapy. We know there will be difficult days, but my son knows that God is with him and will give him the strength and courage he needs to get through each day.

Dear God, Help us to remember that you are always there with us during these difficult times to give us courage, strength,
and comfort. Amen


As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength. Psalm 138:3


No comments: