Translate

Sunday

June 25



What do you do when you are told devastating news? The news may be the loss of a loved one, a serious illness of yourself or a loved one, a divorce, loss of a job, or another loss of some kind. Do you blame God or do you turn to God? Unfortunately for some people, it is easier to blame God at first. Human nature may pull some people in that direction sometimes. Sometimes the news causes fear, that is paralyzing. It is difficult to process what is happening, if we are so fearful. I know from experience that I am better able to deal with these difficult situations when I go to God and ask for his help. I have learned that He doesn't disappoint me. He gives me the strength that I need to move forward.

Dear God, Help me to remember to turn to you during these difficult times. You will always be there to give me strength and guidance.


Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)


No comments: