Translate

Wednesday

March 20




I have recently been struggling with some health issues that has turned me from a caregiver to a “care receiver”. I think a lot of folks struggle with this role. We find it much easier to give care than to receive care. Some of what I feel when I ask for help is that I am being selfish and self-centered. I like to keep a low profile and not have anyone fussing over me. But the reality is that we need to take care of ourselves or we won’t be able to take care of others. Sort of like putting our own oxygen mask on first, and then helping others put theirs on.
But we all go through times in our lives when we need the help of others. The next time someone offers to help you, try to let them, or at the very least ask them to pray for you. God wants us to help each other and we ought to honor Him by both giving care and receiving care.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either one of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.

Loving Father,

Help us to know that you put people in our lives to be Your healing touch and to accept that help when it is our turn, so the we can then help others. Amen


No comments: