Translate

Sunday

August 23


One of the great joys of living in Maryland is that we experience changing seasons. Just as we tire of the extremes of one season, we can anticipate the joys of the next season and the fresh delights it will bring. This time of year, I am filled with hope brought by the upcoming Fall. I see God's bounty everywhere. Children are heading to school, the places of summer are quieting, and the night air is crisping. The slower pace of summer is beginning to quicken now. We are returning to the routines of the next season and anticipating whatever adventures it might hold.

 But any change -- even good change -- can bring stress and fears of the unknown. Our joys and routines can quickly be upended, and we can be left wondering, where is God in this?


The Lord answers us in scripture:  I know the plans I have in mind for you, declares the Lord; they are plans for peace, not disaster, to give you a future filled with hope. When you call me and come to pray to me, I will listen to you. When you search for me, yes, search for me with all your heart, you will find me.   Jeremiah 29:11-13. The Common English Bible.


No comments: