Translate

Sunday

May 3



            One evening recently, someone I knew tapped me on the shoulder and shared a greeting with me.  She offered some well wishes and some information given me out of Christian concern and love.  Imbedded in what she said was an answer to a prayer concern I had been having and feeling very deeply.  Her words to me, on her part, were simply gracious words of Christian caring; she could have had no idea how profoundly and healingly they impacted me.  But I had been so frustrated that my prayer concern was so personal and I had no idea how God could answer  it.  But here, in an instant, God did just that.  Imbedded in her words of Christian sharing was the answer—unbeknownst to her, but gratefully heard by me.  And I had great peace.

            We need to  let God answer our prayers in God’s time and way.  We need to listen for God’s voice coming to us sometimes in the voice of another, or in some sound of nature, or in the ways of God’s creation, or in any of a thousand other ways.  God fulfills God’s promise: “…if you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to you.” (Rev. 3:20)


            God, help me to be a ready and willing listener for your word to me.  Amen.


No comments: